Yemen receives 15 suspects from Interpol

Published June 12th, 2005 - 10:04 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Yemen has received 15 suspected criminals from four Arab countries through the International Police organization since last year, and interior ministry source said on Saturday.

 

The suspects, wanted over crimes ranging from money laundry to murder were handed over by police authorities of Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Oman and the United Arab Emirates, said the source, cited by the official <i>SABA</i> news agency.

 

They were arrested in those countries under arrest warranties issued by Yemeni security authorities in accordance with joint security agreements between Yemen and those countries, he added.

 

The source would not provide further details on the identities or nationalities of the extradited men.

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content