Israeli DM objects to destruction of settlers homes

Published April 7th, 2005 - 03:33 GMT

Israel's Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said Thursday he would reverse his recommendation to the government, and advise it to avoid demolishing the homes of settlers who have been evacuated from the Gaza Strip.

 

Speaking after a meeting with senior security officials, Mofaz said that he had changed his mind and would present his new stance at the upcoming cabinet meeting on Sunday. According to Haaretz, earlier this week, U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said that Washington objected to a total demolition of the settlers' homes.

 

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content