Three Palestinians die in Gaza Strip

Published September 4th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Palestinian sources reported early Saturday that a civilian died of wounds he sustained earlier when Israeli forces raided Khan Younis city a week ago. They added that Wissam Abu Zarqa 19, died of wounds he sustained after being critically shot in the head. 

 

Earlier on Friday, two civilians, including a boy, were killed by Israeli fire in Rafah and al-Shajaia neighbourhood, eastern Gaza, WAFA reported. 

 

In Rafah, a child was killed and another was critically wounded when occupation troops opened heavy fire on houses in Tal al-Sultan neighbourhood, witnesses said. 

 

Medics at al-Najjar hospital told WAFA that a boy, identified as Muneer al-Sindy, 16 was killed after being shot with a number of live bullets allover the body and another, identified as Mu'een al-Dahoody, 17, was critically wounded after being shot in the belly. 

 

Eastern Gaza city, a Palestinian was shot dead when Israeli soldiers opened fire at him in al-Shejaia neighbourhood, local sources said. 

 

Mohammed al-Jaro 18, was shot dead with a number of live bullets near Israeli crossing of al-Muntar near the neighbourhood, the said sources added. 

 

On Saturday, Israeli military bulldozers razed vast areas of arable land eastern Gaza city, residents said. 

 

They added that massive Israeli forces, backed by several tanks and bulldozers, incurred into the area and razed vast areas of arable land owned by Alloush family. 

 

In al-Maghazy refugee camp of Gaza, Israeli combating helicopters late Friday fired a number of missiles against a wood store, witnesses said. 

 

In the West Bank, Israeli troops arrested Saturday three Palestinians in Jenin and stormed Bethlehem City, witnesses said. 

 

Witnesses told WAFA that Israeli troops rolled into al-Tayasseer village in Jenin, launched a door-to-door search operation, arresting Ghassan Daraghmeh 33, Jamal Daraghmeh 32 together with an unidentified man. 

 

Meanwhile, Israeli troops burst into several key villages in the West Bank city of Bethlehem, witnesses affirmed. 

 

Witnesses told WAFA that several Israeli tanks stormed Korat al-Shama'a, Wadi Nseis, al-Ma'sara, Marah Ma'la and other neighboring villages and imposed tight curfew on them. 

 

Meanwhile, President Yasser Arafat, as the first Palestinian citizen, has registered Saturday in the list of voters for the Presidential, Legislative and Municipal elections in Palestine. 

 

Arafat expressed his proud and happiness, praising the Palestinian democracy. 

 

In a response to a question on the exact date of polling Arafat told reporters that the PNA has set the 20th of January 2003 but it has been postponed because of the Israeli restrictions. 

 

Arafat confirmed that the PNA will initiate with the Municipal elections then the Presidential and Parliamentarian. (albawaba.com) 

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content