Hamas member dies of wounds as more Palestinian houses demolished

Published March 11th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

A Palestinian man early Thursday morning died of his wounds sustained on February 28th while an explosive devise he was handling in the city of Khan Yunis south of the Gaza Strip went off, Palestinian medical sources said.‏ 

 

They added that Yousef Shahwan, 22, was a member in the Ezz A-Din Al-Qassam Martyr Brigades, the military wing of Hamas.‏ 

 

Meanwhile, a Palestinian police lieutenant was arrested Wednesday night by Israeli forces at a road block in the Gaza Strip, Palestinian security sources and ‏‏witnesses said. The sources told KUNA that the Israeli forces stopped Abu Samhadan, 32, at the Abu Holi road block south of Dir Al-Balah.‏ 

 

In addition, Israeli forces on Thursday demolished more Palestinian houses in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. 

 

In Bethlehem, Israeli troops dynamited on Thursday morning, a house, witnesses and official sources said. Witnesses told WAFA the troops blew up the house of Hatem al-A'raj in the village of al-Walja, west of Bethlehem. 

 

The eight members of al-A'raj family were made homeless, eyewitnesses told WAFA reporter. 

 

Earlier in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah, Israeli forces stormed the neighbourhood of al-Barazil and completely destroyed two houses, witnesses and security sources said. 

 

On Wednesday overnight, Israeli troops demolished six more houses in the same area, security sources said. (Albawaba.com)

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content