Following cabinet decisions: Israeli helicopters kill four Palestinians in Gaza Strip

Published March 16th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

An Israeli helicopter early Wednesday fired a missile at an empty building a group of Palestinians had been standing near, killing two and wounding nine, hospital officials said.  

 

In addition, Israeli forces, including some 25 tanks, jeeps and bulldozers moved into the Rafah refugee camp in the southern Gaza Strip, locals said early Wednesday.  

 

On Tuesday afternon, an Israeli helicopter fired missiles at a Palestinian house in the northern part of Gaza City, killing at least two Islamic Jihad operatives, Palestinian sources said. Sources said the target of the attack was the home of al Haroubi family, which some of its members are Islamic Jihad activists.  

 

Palestinian sources confirmed to Albawaba at least two people were killed in this attack. At least 14 people were wounded, three critically, in the missile attack, hospital officials said. Among the badly injured was a two-year-old girl, they said.  

 

The attack came after the Israeli security cabinet voted approved a number of operations against Palestinian groups in the wake of the Sunday bombing at the Ashdod Port that killed 10 Israelis.  

 

It was also said during the cabinet meeting, led by Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, that assassinations of Palestinian resistance leaders will continue, and there will be no immunity granted to senior officials, Haaretz reported. 

 

Palestinians have reported the Israeli army has significantly reinforced units at all the access points between Israel and the Gaza Strip. Tanks, heavy equipment and dozens of armored vehicles were deployde at the crossing points. (Albawaba.com) 

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content