US troops kiil two Iraqis, wound two teenagers

Published February 6th, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Two Iraqi men were killed and two teenagers injured Friday morning after American troops returned fire following an attack on a checkpoint in the northern town of Samarra, witnesses and medics said. An eyewitness said a rocket-propelled grenade was fired at the US checkpoint by two people in a car, but missed the soldiers.  

 

Medical sources at Samarra hospital told AFP that two men, aged 25 and 62 had been shot dead, and that two teenagers, aged 13 and 14, were wounded.  

 

In the town of Khaldiya, hundreds of residents rallied for the second day Friday near a US army base to demand the release of prisoners held by American troops and an end to house searches. 

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content