A huge blast rocked the West Bank city of Nablus on Sunday, killing at least three Palestinian activists, hospital officials said.
The three were identified as Saad Ghazal, a Fatah activist, Saad Zamleh, an activist in Hamas and Saeed Qutub also from Hamas. Palestinian sources said they were killed as a result of an Israeli assassination attack.
Israel Radio said the men had been killed in a car blast, likely caused by a bomb the three were carrying in their car. Israeli military officials said the army denied any involvement in the incident.
Earlier, three Palestinians were wounded by Israeli forces in Gaza and the West Bank city of Tulkarem.
Two were wounded when Israeli troops opened fire at Palestinian houses eastern Gaza City, witnesses and Palestinian medical sources.
The witnesses told WAFA that Israeli tanks stationed eastern Gaza City, opened fire at Palestinians in the area of Hassanien Street. Medics at al-Shifa Hospital confirmed that two Palestinians were wounded.
In Tulkarem, a Palestinian was wounded after Israeli soldiers opened fire at him at the southern entrance of Tulkarem, Palestinian security and medical sources said.
Palestinian security sources said that some 20 troops searched Shreim's orchard which is located on the southern entrance of the city amid intensive shooting, wounding a man inside his house. The medical sources said that Fadi Ghazzawi was shot with a live gunshot in the back. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)