Tehran: No compromise on nuclear program

Published September 29th, 2003 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

Iran's government spokesman Abdollah Ramezanzadeh on Monday said that negotiations on the Islamic Republic's nuclear program will get underway on Thursday after the arrival of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) inspectors. 

 

Commenting that all nations, including Iranians, are entitled to peaceful application of nuclear energy, he said that no compromise can be made on such matters. 

 

According to IRIB website, he reiterated that Iran will not give in to any restriction to the peaceful application of atomic energy. 

 

In reply to the question wether the IAEA inspection trend will be conditional, he said, "we have so far fully complied with our commitments towards the IAEA and continuation of cooperation will depend on the outcome of negotiations." 

 

Ramezanzadeh pointed out Iran's readiness for conducting talks on the issue, adding there is no cause for worry over further cooperation with the agency. "We are prepared to fully cooperate with IAEA to bring to light the transparency of our stance in this respect," he concluded.

© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content