Saudi prince claims he was kidnapped by government agents

Published January 21st, 2004 - 02:00 GMT
Al Bawaba
Al Bawaba

A Saudi prince on Wednesday accused his government of kidnapping him in Switzerland after he expressed his support for reform in the kingdom. Prince Sultan bin Turki bin Abdel-Aziz said he was lured to a meeting in Geneva, where he was drugged before being flown back to Saudi Arabia.  

 

Speaking to the BBC, the prince said he is currently under house arrest in the capital, Riyadh.  

 

Prince Sultan bin Turki bin Abdel-Aziz - a grandson of Saudi Arabia's first king - said his troubles began last year when he first went public denouncing corruption and calling for democratic reform.  

© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content