Israeli Chief of Staff Lieutenant General says no connection between London,Tel Aviv attacks

Published July 12th, 2005 - 03:20 GMT

Israeli Chief of Staff Lieutenant General Dan Halutz and another senior officer confirmed on Tuesday there are no connections between the bombing attacks last week in London and the April 2003 bombing of a bar in Tel Aviv, Haaretz reported.

 

Press reports have earlier indicated London's Metropolitan Police and intelligence services were examining a possible link between the two attacks.

 

London police announced Tuesday its search of five homes in northern England is a "significant" part of its investigation into the attacks. These are the first searches police have said are connected to the London terror attacks.

 

Subscribe

Sign up to our newsletter for exclusive updates and enhanced content