Israel has decided to target top Hamas leaders, including founder Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, Israeli officials and media said Friday.
An Israeli security official said that Israel decided to escalate its war on Hamas after the latter rejected last week cease-fire talks.
Hamas leaders are now marked for death, the official said. They are considered "ticking bombs," the official said.
"There is no immunity for anybody who either orders or executes terrorist activities," said Avi Pazner, a government spokesman.
Hamas leaders scoffed at the latest Israeli threat, calling it “an expression of the failure of the Israeli policy.” “They have been fighting Hamas for many years, and Hamas has gotten stronger and stronger,” said Hamas spokesman Ismael Haniyah.
“We will not be intimidated by these threats. And we will strike against the occupation as long as it continues to exist on our national soil.” (Albawaba.com)