Iran's Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi said on Tuesday that the country's security authorities are seriously working for release of three foreign nationals held hostage in southeast Iran. Kharrazi told reporters that the police, the Information Ministry and the Ministry of the Interior have launched serious efforts to resolve the issue.
According to IRNA, he further added that the foreign nationals had not informed the police when they left their residence. Earlier in the day, the security chief of Sistan-Baluchestan Governor General`s Office, Gholam-Reza Javdan, told IRNA that he had been informed of the abduction of two Germans and one Irish by an anonymous phone caller.
According to Javdan, the hostage-takers had asked for a ransom of five million euros. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)