Hollywood will begin on January 1 the shooting of the first narrative-historical movie in the Sultanate of Oman, to be named “Wonders of Ali Baba”.
The critic and producer of the movie, Mohammed Redha, told Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) Monday that he finished his visits last week, to a number of historical towns in Oman, including Nezwi, 200 kilometers from Muscat, to select locations for the shooting of the movie.
“The shooting will start at the beginning of next year, with a cost of production around 7-8 million dollars,” added the producer. He indicated that production facilities available in Oman have lessened the cost, whereas shooting the movie in the United States could cost more than 30 million dollars.
“Wonders of Ali Baba is considered as one of the movies of huge production, that Hollywood produces,” said Redha, indicating that the movie will be financed by Germany and Canada. “
“The shooting of the interior and the exterior scenes of the movie, which are related to forts, castles and horses is going to be in Oman,” said Redha. He indicated that there is going to be a period of two weeks for interior shooting in Germany, because of visual effects since the Germans are advanced in this field.
He explained that the project of this movie will benefit Oman, by informing people of the natural and touristic potentials of the country. “The idea of the movie and its shooting in Oman, came after I participated in the arbitration committee of the 2nd Muscat Film Festival. I was surprised to see the beautiful nature, the forts and the castles in Oman,” said Redha, adding that there will be American and European actors participating in the movie. “There is a big chance for Omani and gulf actors to appear in the movie,” the producer indicated – Albawaba.com